Skip to main content

Featured

The Looking Glass

I don't know what's a start, I don't know what's an end, I don't know what's wrong and what's right, I don't know, where to draw the line. Opposite ends of the same spectrum, What would one be without the other, Isn't a wrong what one makes right? Isn't an end the start of new life? I don't understand how anyone's to specify, Definitions that aren't my own, Meanings hard for me to surmise. I don't know, how to justify, The world through the looking glass of my mind. ~ Seepz

The one that stood out


That stump of wood,
On a barren land,
Dark and ominous,
all bare it stands,
As I stare at it,
On a Moonless night,
I feel a sense of dread,
and a start of a fright.

If the same lone stump,
was to instead stand tall,
on a bright sunny day,
among a field of flowers,
Would you then feel,
the same sense of vice and rot,
or would it  rather be,
the one that stood out?

The lone black stump,
that made the world vivid and aglow,
because it made you see colors,
so stark against its shadows,
The lone dark stump,
that could one day be ember,
burning bright in the dark,
your only solace in the cold.

That stump of wood,
all bare it stands,
waiting to be ember,
only if you were ready,
to wait some more.
The stump of wood,
On the barren land,
Dark and Ominous,
Won't you give it a chance?

~ Seepz 

Comments

Popular Posts