Skip to main content

Featured

The Looking Glass

I don't know what's a start, I don't know what's an end, I don't know what's wrong and what's right, I don't know, where to draw the line. Opposite ends of the same spectrum, What would one be without the other, Isn't a wrong what one makes right? Isn't an end the start of new life? I don't understand how anyone's to specify, Definitions that aren't my own, Meanings hard for me to surmise. I don't know, how to justify, The world through the looking glass of my mind. ~ Seepz

Fields of Olden



You will ask to remember and I will deny.
I will search for an answer,
my mouth suddenly dry.
The details slipping through my fingers,
as the years pass us by.
I will read the apprehension on your face,
tucked behind that smile.

I was never the one with words,
never the one to live a lie.
Between the smoke and the fire,
It has been hazy this side.
The fields of the olden,
set ablaze by sands of time.

I don't plan on staying back,
scouring for charms or baubles,
Or rummage through the ashes,
waiting for the dust to settle.

As I stand on the horizon,
the pinnacle, looking down.
I wonder what took me so long,
 to burn it to the ground.

~ Seepz 

Creative Commons License

Comments

Popular Posts